Greetings and welcome to the landmark 150th episode of the Sunday tradition like no other, Kevin’s Korner. In honor of this momentous, sesquicentennial occasion, I bring you 75 rhetorical questions. They might have something, or absolutely nothing, to do with politics. Enjoy.
1. Who else is glad Bob Vander Plaats isn’t running for the U.S. Senate?
2. Did someone clue BVP in that he can’t win a statewide general election?
3. How long until some grammar nerd points out that sesquicentennial means 150 years, not episodes?
4. Who else thinks any of our top four candidates should be able to beat Towelboy Bruce Braley?
5. Is our Third District field stronger than our U.S. Senate field?
6. Can Joni Ernst’s campaign issue a press release that doesn’t mention Mark Jacobs?
7. Can the Braley campaign send one mass email without whining about the Tea Party and/or the Koch brothers?
8. Since unions and liberal groups donate millions more to political causes than those “evil Koch brothers”, shouldn’t Braley and the Dems quit their hypocritical whining?
9. Oh, I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?
10. Which part of Obamacare will President Selfie illegally delay next?
12. If abortion is about a “right to privacy”, why do the pro-abortionists demand public funding for it?
13. During a nearly two-hour session to elect RPI’s new co-chair, why couldn’t one member of the State Central Committee bother to ask Danny Carroll if Governor Branstad has his full support?
14. How can Danny Carroll claim to support Governor Branstad now, when he adamantly refused to do so in 2010?
15. What changed, other than the same political expediency Carroll ranted and raved about four years ago?
16. Has he lost his mind, can he see or is he blind?
18. How can Bruce Braley claim to be a big advocate for military veterans when he voted to cut their pensions, including those of wounded warriors?
19. When will Dem secretary of state candidate Brad Anderson show some testicular fortitude and just admit that he wants non-citizens to vote in our elections?
20. How many non-citizens did Brad Anderson sign up to vote in 2012 while has running the Obama campaign in Iowa?
22. Can we get a strong candidate to take out radical, pro-abortionist Beth Wessel-Kroeschell in House District 45 (Ames area)? Please?
23. Between the 50,000 YouTube views of Iowa Democrats praying for abortion and the 8,000+ (and growing) views of Wessel-Kroeschell saying the potential of a crying baby is enough reason for an abortion, isn’t it becoming obvious to the rest of the country that the Iowa Democrat Party is waging a War on Babies?
24. Is Wessel-Kroeschell competing with Christie Vilsack and Staci Appel for the title of Iowa’s new “Abortion Queen”?
25. Where is my mind?
26. Is the Clovis campaign the only one calling county delegates to see if they plan on moving on to the district and state conventions?
27. Why aren’t all of them doing this?
28. Who is Keyser Soze?
30. Can I go a whole column without mentioning Big Liberty and/or the Paulistinians?
31. According to those online games everybody is sharing on social media, if I was a Star Wars character, I’d be Darth Vader. In Harry Potter, I’d be Bellatrix Lestrange. If I was a rock band, I’d be Led Zeppelin and my home state should be Washington. What does all that say about me?
32. How was I not chosen as one my Harry Potter ginger-brethren, the Weasleys?
33. Did you know that even though she thinks you should abort a baby because it might cry too much, Iowa Rep. Beth Wessel-Kroeschell still claims she loves babies?
34. Is that even possible?
35. How much trouble would Congressman Steve King had gotten in if someone hadn’t mentioned in a Friday committee meeting that it was Valentine’s Day?
36. And is there a more classic reaction then Cong. King’s surprised face?
37. Will federal grand jury investigations bring down Big Liberty?
38. Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?
39. Now that they’re finally making it back, will the Iowa Hawkeyes have another Alfordesque choke in the NCAA Tournament?
41. Will anyone ever be brought to justice over the Benghazi debacle?
42. What difference does it make?
43. Will this winter go ahead and end now, please?
44. Will Iowa have three federal primary races decided at conventions?
45. Will my Save the Gingers platform plank make it to the state convention?
46. Did the person who advised Mark Jacobs to appear on Simon Conway’s show on January 25 get fired?
47. If the answer is no, then why not?
48. Has any candidate benefitted from getting grilled by Simon?
49. Even if you don’t agree with him, didn’t congressional candidate Monte Shaw do an awesome job handling Simon’s grilling about the debt ceiling last Monday?
50. How much have WHO’s ratings and ad revenue increased since Simon took over the afternoon time slot?
51. What is a yute?
52. How many members of the national media will venture to Mason City next month to cover Ted Cruz’s visit there for the Cerro Gordo County GOP?
53. Is there a bigger fraud in American politics than Wendy Davis, besides Bruce Braley and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?
55. Considering Obamacare passed four years ago, how incompetent must the administration be to not have a functioning website and program by now?
56. If Obamacare is so great, as Bruce Braley claims, why does President Selfie keep delaying its mandates?
57. Could the union thugs be less excited about endorsing Jack “N-word” Hatch for governor?
58. I’m Ron Burgundy?
59. Will the Dems’ plan to coronate Queen Hillary backfire?
60. What makes you think she’s a witch?
61. Which Dem is the favorite to win the First Congressional District primary?
62. Is the field finally settled in the U.S. Senate race?
63. Can anyone get over 35%?
64. If it goes to convention, who is the favorite?
66. Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?
67. If House Republicans are blaming Ted Cruz for killing amnesty, aren’t they unwittingly helping him politically?
68. Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
69. Are there any more nuggets of Mark Jacobs’ past support of Democrats and/or liberal causes out there?
70. Has it occurred to any TIR critics that the reason Mark Jacobs advertises on our site is because he’s the only candidate who can afford to advertise on our site?
71. Do you remember when Ron Paul advertised on TIR?
72. Will senior citizens make Dems pay at the ballot box since Dems are making seniors pay more for healthcare, with fewer choices, thanks to Obamacare?
73. When will Mariannette Miller-Meeks announce her bid for the Second Congressional District seat?
74. Do Republicans have anyone prepared to challenge Attorney General Tom Miller and Treasurer
Jamie Michael Fitzgerald?
75. Will Secretary of Ag Bill Northey get relected by 25, 35 or 40 points?
That’s it for this week. Thanks for dropping by.
Photos by Dave Davidson, Prezography.com
blog comments powered by Disqus