Week after week, families, workers and businesses learn more about the disastrous implications that ObamaCare will have on them and the economy. And while the negative headlines over the impact of ObamaCare continue to pour in, Majority Leader Harry Reid and Iowa Democrat Bruce Braley, who fought tirelessly for the government health care takeover, don’t care.
Why? Because Reid thinks ObamaCare is “wonderful” while Braley believes it to be “good for Iowa.”
Although Reid and Braley remain stunningly out-of-touch and completely tone deaf to the alarming concerns of Iowa businesses, workers, families and individuals, so do their Washington Democratic colleagues.
- “I think it’s important for us to recognize and acknowledge this is working the way it’s supposed to.” (President Barack Obama, 6/7/2013)
- “The implementation of this is fabulous.” (Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, 6/27/2013)
- “ObamaCare has been wonderful for America.” (Majority Leader Harry Reid, 7/14/2013)
- “I was proud to help pass the Affordable Care Act, which will decrease health insurance costs, expand access to quality, affordable health care, improve reimbursements for Iowa medical providers and allow Americans to maintain their choice of health insurance.” (U.S. Congressman Bruce Braley, Accessed 7/15/13)
- “A new survey of physicians has found that 31 percent of doctors in Iowa intend to place new or additional limits on accepting Medicare patients, with 34 percent altogether refusing to accept new Medicare patients, because of Obamacare’s impact on the fees that Medicare pays to providers of health-care services. In addition, Obamacare will drive up the cost of private health coverage, especially for those who buy insurance on their own.” (Forbes, In Iowa, Obamacare to Cause 34% of Doctors to Stop Accepting Medicare Patients, 11/2/2012)
- “Mr. Levi currently spends about $140,000 a year on insurance premiums to cover 25 managerial staff at his business, Consolidated Management, which runs cafeterias at schools, offices and jails. Under the new law, he will have to offer insurance to all of his 102 full-time employees starting in January. Assuming all of them take the coverage, Mr. Levi says the cost of premiums could exceed $500,000. ‘I’ve never made a profit in any year of the company that has surpassed that amount,’ says Mr. Levi, 62 years old. ‘I don’t make enough money.’ He says it makes more sense to drop insurance entirely and pay a penalty of about $144,000.” (Wall Street Journal, Some Small Businesses Opt for the Health-Care Penalty, 4/8/2013)
“The fact is that ObamaCare raises health care costs, increases taxes, and is forcing employers to cut back on jobs without achieving its stated objective of insuring all Americans – and Bruce Braley promised otherwise,” said NRSC Press Secretary Brook Hougesen. “Bruce Braley proudly stood with Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and made promises about the law that have been broken, but he still refuses to listen to the millions of Iowa women, workers and families who want ObamaCare permanently delayed and dismantled so that the rising cost of health care can finally be properly addressed.”
blog comments powered by Disqus