Republican Party of Iowa Chairman A.J. Spiker issued the call for a special nominating convention for House District 37 in Ankeny on Friday. During the primary election no Republican candidate received the required 35 percent necessary to win the primary.
Jim Robidoux, an Ankeny educator, just missed reaching the 35 percent threshold. Robidoux, the top vote getter, garnered 714 votes or 34.16% percent of the vote. His closest competitor was Matt DeVries with 623 votes, which equaled 29.81% percent of the vote.
The convention will be held on Wednesday, July 18 at 7:00 p.m. It will be held at the Kirkendall Public Library in the ICN Meeting Room. The Library is located at 1210 NW Prairie Ridge Drive in Ankeny.
The convention will be called to order by temporary chair, State Central Committee member Gopal Krishna, of Polk County. Twenty-two Polk County Central Committee members, who represent precincts in House District 37, are eligible to be voting delegates at the convention.
The full results of the June 5th Primary are as follows:
1. Jim Robidoux, 714 votes, 34.16%
2. Matt DeVries, 623 votes, 29.81%
3. John Landon, 366 votes, 17.51%
4. Jeffrey A. Wright, 321 votes, 15.36%
5. Jacob Mason, 35 votes, 1.67%
6. Stacey C. Rogers, 30 votes, 1.44%
- Primary Preview: Six Candidates Square off In New Ankeny House District (theiowarepublican.com)
- 6-way Republican House Primary Race Unresolved (kcrg.com)
- Voter Guide: Iowa House Primary Elections (theiowarepublican.com)
blog comments powered by Disqus