OTTUMWA, Iowa – In a news release Wednesday, Democrat Congressman Dave Loebsack “urged fiscal responsibility and honest budgeting” and “encouraged steps towards reigning in spending, reducing the deficit and addressing long term fiscal health.” Interestingly, Loebsack has been a rubber-stamp for much of the runaway spending in Congress he now denounces, voting for Nancy Pelosi’s agenda over 97 percent of the time and putting America on a path that will triple our national debt over the next 10 years.
“Dave Loebsack is changing his story faster than he’s spending our money in Washington. It’s clear that he’s getting pressure from working families across eastern Iowa who are sick and tired of the new spending, massive debt and looming tax increases that he voted for, in lock-step with Nancy Pelosi,” said Miller-Meeks, Republican candidate for Iowa’s 2nd Congressional District.
In a little over a year, Loebsack has voted in favor of big-spending policies in Washington, a few of which are listed below, and now wants Iowa taxpayers to believe he is on their side:
· Wall Street Bank Bailout $700,000,000,000.00 Yes
· Raise the National Debt $1,900,000,000,000.00 Yes
· Government-Run Health Care $1,200,000,000,000.00 Yes
· 2010 Budget that Raises Spending by Over 40% $3,600,000,000,000.00 Yes
· Auto Company Bailout $14,000,000,000.00 Yes
· Dec. 2009 Omnibus $447,000,000,000.00 Yes
· Pork-Filled Feb. 2009 Omnibus $400,000,000,000.00 Yes
Miller-Meeks said, “We need a fresh new voice in Congress who will stand up for taxpayers and put an end to the big-government agenda going on now in Washington. I want to be that common-sense voice and put my decades of experience as a small business owner, medical professional, Army veteran and community volunteer, to work for us in Congress.”
blog comments powered by Disqus