The Iowa Republican

« | »

Liberal Lies on Essential Estrogen

By Emily Geiger

I read with morbid curiosity yesterday some liberal bloggers’ reactions to the killing of George Tiller. One in particular jumped out at me, and I just can’t let it slide.

I’ve read Lynda Waddington’s blog before, and I have to laugh in that it claims to be “bipartisan” since she brought on a RINO columnist. But for the most part, the whole thing is basically just pro-choice rantings most days.

I’ve seen Lynda’s story about why she says she’s pro-choice. Several years ago, she became pregnant with a baby who had a major birth defect, anencephaly, a neural tube defect that results in the absence of brain and skull in the baby. In other words, that baby had absolutely no chance at living after birth. There was probably a significant chance it would spontaneously abort on its own.

Waddington recounts that the state medical board where she lived at that time refused to grant permission for her late-term abortion, which was a necessary prerequisite under the law in that state. My guess is that, because the baby was not dead inside of her yet, there was no risk for infection, and so, at that time, her life was not in danger, and, therefore, the abortion request was denied. She ended up traveling out of state to get her late-term abortion.

Waddington justifies other people’s late term abortions (and abortions in general) by telling her story. But there are a few problems with that.

First, let me say that I’ve not been through what she went through, and I’m sure, in her mind, that means my opinion is worth nothing. However, sometimes, I think an outside objective opinion actually has more clarity on a particular situation. This is especially evident here given the illogical rationale Waddington uses.

I’m pretty blunt, and I call a spade a spade, so here I go.

In her post yesterday, Waddington said, “I am alive today because of a doctor who was willing to perform a late-term abortion.” Yet, in the link to her previous post telling her story, there is no mention that her life was in danger. And in fact, that state medical board specifically found that her life was not in danger when it denied her application for a late-term abortion.

So, frankly, her claim that her life was saved by a late term abortion is a lie, an emotional tool she is using to justify her ardent pro-choice beliefs. Most abortions, even late term ones, don’t include the circumstances where either the baby or the mother is going to die. If her abortion stance was really based on (what she says is) her own life experience, she would support abortion to save the life of the mother, but she would value all other unborn life in order to honor the baby she lost.

Instead, her position appears to be abortion on demand, any time, for any reason. This doesn’t mesh with someone who just wants to ensure that women whose lives are truly in jeopardy have access to the healthcare they need to survive.

There is so much compassion from Waddington and her fellow liberal bloggers (John Deeth in particular, who had “inarticulate rage” over Tiller’s death) for this poor abortionist who killed 60,000 babies by his own estimate. Yet, there is not a single ounce of sympathy for the 60,000 innocent children he slowly and painfully and methodically murdered.

Waddington doesn’t care about those babies. She’s too busy mischaracterizing the pro-life community’s reaction to Tiller’s death, ignoring the fact that everyone I’ve heard is bending over backwards to say they don’t condone the act of violence that took his life, but rather, Waddington is again lying again by saying that there is “a lot of back-slapping and congratulatory mumblings” amongst pro-lifers. She can’t even comprehend that, despite one tragic death, it is reasonable for some of us to be, yes, I’ll say it again, be “relieved” that thousands of healthy babies’ lives are going to be spared (and thousands of moms are going to be spared the emotional trauma of having to live with the guilt of killing their children).

In fact, Waddington is using the situation to promote more abortion. She updated her post on Tiller with the following:

Updated to add this reminder: The nation’s second oldest abortion fund is the Iowa Medical Aid Fund. Donations made to this fund are used to help women in need of abortion pay for medical expenses. If you are looking for something immediate you can do in Dr. Tiller’s memory, please consider making a donation.

If you just threw up a little in your mouth, you’re not alone.

This is a perfect example of the emotional manipulation and lies used by liberals in general, and those in the pro-choice movement in particular.

Let’s not fall for the lies any longer.

Posted by on June 2, 2009.

Tags: ,

Categories: Battleground Iowa

49 Responses

1. Alright, enough is enough. There are so many points that I could destroy in this stupid excuse for commentary, but I don’t have to, because your premise is an outright lie.

YOU ARE A MAN, “emily.” You pose as a woman in order to… well I have no idea why you do that. Normally it’s just stupid, but today you pretend to have had a complicated pregnancy in order to attack someone who actually did have to make a decision about her pregnancy with her health hanging in the balance.

You’ve said some pretty outrageous things, “Emily,” but this is too much. You don’t have perspective on this because you’re a man. Either reveal yourself and take down this post or I will reveal your identity to your blogger friends here at the The Iowa Republican.

I’ll give you until tomorrow morning. Then I’ll post your true identity on every post on this site.

You’ve been warned.

by steve right on Jun 2, 2009 at 7:54 am

2. is the anti abortion crowd against all abortions or just unnecessary abortions ? i know there is a lot of hypocrisy on both sides, but now i am really confused.

by LoboSolo on Jun 2, 2009 at 7:58 am

3. What is a “necessary” abortion?

by Deace voted for Obama on Jun 2, 2009 at 8:03 am

4. Steve, I think that you need to calm down, take a step back and reread the post. No where does it even imply that Emily has had a complicated pregnancy. On the contrary actually. Especially reread paragraph 6 where Emily specifically states that she has not been through what Waddington claims to have been through.

by Al on Jun 2, 2009 at 8:08 am

5. Here’s the deal. For us to have any legitimacy, we need to be pro-life for the whole nine yards. That means no capital punishment.

by Fierce Catholic on Jun 2, 2009 at 8:41 am

6. Lobo,

Contrary to how pro-lifers are portrayed by pro-choicers, most all pro-lifers believe that, if the life of the mother is at risk, that is an acceptable circumstance for an abortion. At that point, you are balancing a life against a life, and it’s probably more likely that the mother has the best chance at survival.

The problem comes when pro-choicers want to add exceptions for the life AND health of the mother, which usually has a pretty loose definition, including situations in which the mother is stressed out about her unplanned pregnancy, and so her mental health is at risk.

However, like I said, I don’t know anybody who would tell a woman with pregnacy complications that are actually endangering her life that she just has to deal with it. Often, like the situation described in the main post, the babies in those cases would also not survive outside of the womb anyways.

This is very different from the situation in which a mom just decides she doesn’t want a baby and decides to have it sucked out for her own convenience.

by Lydia on Jun 2, 2009 at 8:42 am

7. and if you do post her real name and it is wrong who will like a fool then Steve Right

by JB Johnson on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:11 am

8. and if you do post her real name and it is wrong who will look like a fool then Steve Right.?

by JB Johnson on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:13 am

9. Steve,

You could pull any name out of the hat and claim that it’s “Emily Geiger” – but you can’t prove anything.

Nobody cares anyway!

When are you going to reveal your true identity? Steve Right isn’t your real name although you’ve said time and time again that it is.

by Peggy on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:14 am

10. Emily Geiger, you fabulous example of womanhood –

This post is excellent! You are exactly right in noting the falsehoods Waddington puts forth to justify her needless late-term abortion.

I’m a big fan of straight talkers – thanks!

by Peggy on Jun 2, 2009 at 9:22 am

11. Steve, Steve, Steve. Any response to Al, who made the point I was also going to make? Have a drink. Re-read the column. Admit you erred. It takes a big man to say he was wrong. BTW, there is quite a precedent for writers using a pen name of a different gender. And just why are you “warning” anyone? Why the heck would anyone care? Heck, I could give a crap less what your real name is. Steve Right simply stands for a certain set of beliefs to me, lets me know what your side of the aisle is thinking, which I used to think was the same reason you hung out here. The more of your posts I read though, I am now more and more convinced that you are just posting as a way to vent. You are frequently impolite and boorish in your posts, when I think you should aspire to a bit more. I’m sure you’ll counter, and I promise you I couldn’t care less. I wish you a good day and hope you find a little more happiness in your life, and maybe we’ll see that in your posts.

by Reaganesque on Jun 2, 2009 at 11:24 am

12. Besides, we all know Emily is really Sasha Baron Cohen, anyway. We just don’t say it out loud.

by Reaganesque on Jun 2, 2009 at 11:27 am

13. Steve Right is Silence Dogood.

by Peggy on Jun 2, 2009 at 11:52 am

14. Sorry pegster, I have no idea who steve right is. However, I might suspect you are “emily”‘s mother, “Emily Geiger, you fabulous example of womanhood”, you literally just made my wife puke. maybe you can reveal “her” true “gender”

silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:13 pm

15. Peggy do you ever get tired of being wrong, or are you too ignorant to know you are wrong???

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:14 pm

16. ahhh, “emily”, “a lot of back-slapping and congratulatory mumblings” amongst pro-lifers.” apparently you don’t even read the posts to your blogs, many posts sound like people are happy about this.

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:41 pm

17. Remember fellow pro-lifers. We are pro life from conception to death. This means we even respect the life of the likes of Tiller. His murderer, if convicted should be sentenced to life in prison, not to death.

by Fierce Catholic on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:45 pm

18. The pegster sounds like she would like to give the killer a conjugal visit.

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:46 pm

19. Peggy sounds like a good Catholic. The thought of stepping outside the bounds of the sacrement of matrimony I’m sure is foreign to her.

by Fierce Catholic on Jun 2, 2009 at 12:52 pm

20. Let’s be clear. The liberal commenters on this blog are saying that the pro-lifers are happy about this, but not one pro-lifer has condoned the act of violence that took Tiller’s life.

Once again, the liberals need to stop telling lies.

by Lydia on Jun 2, 2009 at 1:08 pm

21. Silence,

You’re not a very good liar.

by Peggy on Jun 2, 2009 at 1:41 pm

22. Fierce, I am sure it will be quite the moral dilemma for her, but this might be her best chance to land a guy. Lydia, read peggy’s post, sounds happy to me.

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 1:46 pm

23. Did you ever marry the Wong woman, Steve?

by Peggy on Jun 2, 2009 at 2:13 pm

24. Steve, you’re a pathetic moron. Go work off that tension and screw your boyfriend.

by Al Swearengen on Jun 2, 2009 at 2:14 pm

25. Peggy, Steve wants to marry a dude.

by Al Swearengen on Jun 2, 2009 at 2:15 pm

26. Silence,

Peggy isn’t happy right now because you took a cheap shot at her sexual morality.

That says a lot more about you than it does about her.

by Lydia on Jun 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm

27. What about the Wong woman, Steve? Are you sponging off her? Is she bringing home the bacon while you troll around on conservative blogs all day?

by Peggy on Jun 2, 2009 at 2:57 pm

28. Lydia, I don’t care.

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:12 pm

29. Peggy is a self righteous hypocrite and a poor excuse of a christian who is happy that a person was murdered.

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:13 pm

30. Silence,

I was under no delusion that you did care about anyone but yourself. But thanks for reaffirming that.

by Lydia on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:20 pm

31. Peggy said she doesn’t feel bad about it. That’s not being happy about it.

Tell me, do you feel bad about the 60,000 babies Tiller murdered? You sure don’t act like you do, so I’ll just assume (as you did) that you’re happy about all those tortured babies dying.

by Lydia on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:23 pm

32. Lydia, what tiller did was legal, what was done to him wasn’t, there is a difference, you may not comprehend it, but there is. Peggy is happy about it. Deep down lydia, I would bet you are “rejoicing” too. No lydia, I just don’t care what people like you and peggy think about me. Besides why are you busy defending Peggy’s “sexual morality” is she not able too???

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 2, 2009 at 3:56 pm

33. Let’s see, if Tiller did 60,000 abortions at an average of about $3,000 per abortion, that makes a nice little income of around 18 MILLION dollars. I read he got $5,000 per late term abortion.

Some disturbing info is making the internet showing the photo of a mom with her perfectly formed little girl that had just been killed. The mom was smiling. Reports are Tiller offered “baptisms”, funerals, photos, chaplain services as well as other bizarre services.

If true, this was one sick dude.

by Deace voted for Obama on Jun 2, 2009 at 5:02 pm

34. Is this wierd or what? http://web.archive.org/web/20070805040404/www.drtiller.com/chap.html

by Deace voted for Obama on Jun 2, 2009 at 5:14 pm

35. Tiller became a RICH Democrat from killing those 60,000 babies. Blood money bought him favor with Democrats. http://www.dr-tiller.com/influence.htm

by Deace voted for Obama on Jun 2, 2009 at 5:22 pm

36. Silence/Steve,

You said, “Lydia, what tiller did was legal, what was done to him wasn’t, there is a difference”

Does this mean slavery was morally acceptable? You’re the ‘attorney’ – please, educate us.

I hope the Iowa Bar Association is watching your comments on this blog.

by Peggy on Jun 2, 2009 at 5:33 pm

37. I didn’t ask if it was legal. I asked if you are OK with it. Way to avoid the tough questions.

by Lydia on Jun 2, 2009 at 8:22 pm

38. so slave owners should have been murdered too??? Peggy, I think I finally understand your logic pegster, it is alright to murder anyone you find to be morally unacceptable, the gays had best look out for you. You can’t go around killing people because you don’t like what they are doing, particularly if it is legal. Peggy you are a disturbed human being. Lydia, I am generally against late term abortion, I have stated this several times, it still doesn’t change the fact that tiller did nothing illegal and was murdered by a lunatic that many like you and pegster seem to hold in high regard.

Silence

PS Sherlock Peggy, I am not steve right

by Silence Dogood on Jun 3, 2009 at 8:40 am

39. For the last time, no one has said that Tiller should have been murdered. The point that you seem to have missed is that, just because something is legal doesn’t mean it is ethical, and slavery is an example of that.

But I guess that’s the way you think when you refuse to acknowledge a higher authority than man.

And, by the way, when I was in school, I seem to remember hearing about the the Brown Rebellion as if that was something to be celebrated, despite the fact that actual innocent people were killed. My liberal test book authors seemed fine with that one. While Brown may have had a noble cause (to stop slavery), that doesn’t make murder OK.

Stop putting words in people’s mouths that they never said.

by Lydia on Jun 3, 2009 at 9:40 am

40. I don’t have to lydia, peggy and others have already said, “good riddance tiller”, “glad he is gone” and many others. You don’t have to say the exact words to get the point across that you are happy he was killed.

silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 3, 2009 at 11:11 am

41. Lydia, you are one paranoid human, even the school’s text books are out to get you.

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 3, 2009 at 11:12 am

42. Once again, changing the subject to text books instead of dealing with the hypocrisy of liberals who have actaully done what you are accusing conservatives of.

It takes a big person to admit when you’re wrong. That’s probably why you can’t do it.

by Lydia on Jun 3, 2009 at 11:29 am

43. Lydia, you brought up the text books or have you already forgotten that. as for the rest of your post, were you trying to make a point, if you were, you failed. No stop embarrassing yourself with your nonsense.

Silence

by Silence Dogood on Jun 3, 2009 at 3:55 pm

44. I followed the link and read Lynda’s story with tears in my eyes. There is very little more heartbreaking than going for an ultrasound and discovering the pregnancy is no longer viable. I’ve been there more than once. The first time, I miscarried at home (11 weeks pregnant). The second time, I just couldn’t emotionally handle miscarrying at home again, so I chose to have an abortion procedure. Emily, you are so lucky you have not experienced what Lynda, I , and many other women have had to. In some ways it makes abortion more painful. You wonder, “Why do all these teens get pregnant and abort without a thought, and I have to lose a baby I desperately wanted?”; on the other hand, you feel such relief that you can make that choice, even though you wish you didn’t have to.

by soup on Jun 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

45. Silence,

Yes, I’m glad he’s dead. I think I made that pretty clear from the beginning. So why do you keep repeating it?

There’s no way you’re a lawyer. No way.

by Peggy on Jun 3, 2009 at 9:53 pm

46. When are women going to stop pretending that abortion for actual medical necessity is the same as elective abortions? It makes absolutely no sense to me that women who have needed a medically necessary abortion use that to justify a pro-choice position with no restrictions.

It is a lie that truly medically necessary abortions are the reason why people were upset with Tiller or are the reason why people oppose late-term abortion. It’s also a lie that clinics like Tillers are the only places a woman can get a medically necessary abortion.

The other thing I don’t understand is why, if a woman wanted her child but found out it was going to die in utero or immeiately after birth, that woman would choose to end her baby’s life in such a brutal, horrific, and painful way as partial-birth abortion. Would it be emotionally painful to miscarry? Yes, absolutely, but why is it any less emotionally painful to kill your baby by torturing it before it really had to die? Is that really worth the pain and desecration to your child?

by Lydia on Jun 4, 2009 at 8:22 am

47. Great questions Lydia. I feel like I can answer them somewhat since I chose to have an abortion procedure. I guess mine would be called medically unnecessary because my body would probably have rejected the non-viable (it’s little heart had stopped beating) baby eventually.My experience has definitely made me pro-choice because it isn’t so black and white. If abortion was only legal if the mother’s life is in danger, rape, incest, etc, most women with missed miscarriages wouldn’t qualify. My experience has also made me more pro-life. How dare women abort healthy babies when people like me would give anything to have a baby? In my ideal world there would be no abortions of course because all babies would be healthy and loved. The next best thing would be for abortions to be illegal unless the baby is nonviable, but that would still make late term abortions legal in many cases. Another problem I see is that women would purposely damage their baby with drugs, clothes hangers, etc to qualify . Talk about pain and desecration. I feel at this time, for someone like me to have a choice, all women must have a choice. I was so relieved to have that option so we could start our healing process. I was able to conceive a healthy baby a few months later and he turns 1 this month! I hope this has helped your understanding.

by soup on Jun 4, 2009 at 12:02 pm

48. If your baby is already dead (the heart has stopped beating), that’s not really an “abortion.” Most people refer to the procedure to remove an already dead baby as a “dilation and curettage” or “D&C), not an “abortion” because abortion conotes killing something that is alive. D&Cs are done at hospitals all over the place, not abortion clinics and no abortion law applies to this procedure (unless you still have live baby in there).

If your baby has died inside of you, your life is probably at risk at that point because you are highly likely to get an infection if your body has not expelled the baby naturally. It strikes me as odd that you don’t know this.

The “abortions” that people are upset about are the ones where the baby is still alive.

You appear to be the exact type of person I was referring to when I said I hoped women would stop using their medically necessary “abortions) (actually D&Cs) to advoce the pro-choice position. You say you don’t support the abortion of viable babies. So, you are a perfect example of someone who has been lied to by the Planned Parenthood, or someone who really just wants to paint the pro-choice movement as a whole in a more positive light.

by Lydia on Jun 4, 2009 at 1:19 pm

49. a⋅bor⋅tion
      /əˈbɔrʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-bawr-shuhn] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
    2. any of various surgical methods for terminating a pregnancy, esp. during the first six months.
    3. Also called spontaneous abortion. miscarriage (def. 3).
    4. an immature and nonviable fetus.
    5. abortus (def. 2b).
    6. any malformed or monstrous person, thing, etc.
    7. Biology. the arrested development of an embryo or an organ at a more or less early stage.
    8. the stopping of an illness, infection, etc., at a very early stage.
    9. Informal.
    a. shambles; mess.
    b. anything that fails to develop, progress, or mature, as a design or project.
    Origin:
    1540–50; < L abortiōn- (s. of abortiō). See abort, -ion
    Dictionary.com Unabridged
    Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

Thanks for your concern, but my health wasn’t in danger. I could have been monitored and waited for “nature to run its course”. I had before and my Dr. gave me that choice again. I’ve never been to Planned Parenthood. I’m curious what lie do they tell?

by soup on Jun 4, 2009 at 3:23 pm

You must be logged in to post a comment.

« | »