I know a lot of Republicans want to make hay over Culver wanting to sell sponsorships to cover the cost of Obama’s Health Care forum. I say, have at it. Why should my tax dollars be used to pay for what is basically going to end up being a Democrat rally for socialized medicine?
In fact, I’m so supportive of Culver’s sponsorship idea; I’m going to offer a few more suggestions.
1. Philip-Morris could sponsor Mari Culver SUV.
2. Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Miller Lite could sponsor Chet’s ride. It’s probably necessary to have multiple sponsors for Chet because of his bulk and the fact that he travels to more places.
3. Iowa Casinos could sponsor the Iowa D.O.T, as well as city and county maintenance fleets. Talk about a good deal, their logos on those bright orange trucks would be fantastic! Heck, under Culver’s plans they are paying the tab anyway…
4. Colorado gay-rights activist Tim Gill would pay big bucks for the naming rights for the State Judicial building.
5. Acorn, flush with “stimulus” money, has enough to sponsor the Secretary of State’s Office.
6. Just for Men Mustache & Beard could sponsor the state patrol, local police, and fire fighters. They all use the product anyway, so let’s get some money out of the deal.
Other ideas that are probably already under consideration are:
1. Granting the DNR a gambling license for the Honey Creek Resort on Lake Rathbun.
2. Finding a way to bring the USS Iowa up the Mississippi River so that we can use it as a casino. All proceeds will go to the Iowa Veterans home, so if you morally object to gambling, you can go there since it’s for a good cause.
Alright, I got us started. What are your ideas for sponsorships? We all know the unions have sponsored the Governor’s office…
blog comments powered by Disqus